FS: '96 passat TDI sedan near San Francisco

For sale in the East Bay, near San Francisco, CA

1996 storm grey VW Passat TDI 4 door sedan

5 speed manual transmission turbo, direct-injection diesel grey velour upholstery, dark charcoal/black carpeting owned by mature, non-smokers ultra clean basically used as a commuter car and garaged whenever/wherever possble power windows, steering, locks and brakes original AM/FM cassette cruise control power sun/moon roof regular and current servicing current registration

Since we¹ve owned the car, it was always serviced either at Dirito Bros. in Walnut Creek, or at Sheppard Motors in Eugene, Oregon. We have all service records since we acquired the car. It is currently registered in Oregon, where our daughter was in school, now working out of the country, hence the decision to sell it. Since it was purchased by us in California, I¹m assuming it¹s no problem to return the registration back to California. And as you probably no, no smog check is necessary on buying/selling a diesel vehicle in California.

Our family is the second owners of this vehicle, which was purchased by us when used from a dealer in the South Bay, when about 2 years old.

The odometer reads 51K, but it was replaced by us when the original odometer failed at 43K miles, so the actual mileage on the car is about

94K.

The car is immaculately clean in and out. I would probably recommend replacing the floor mats. I have just had the entire vehicle gone over thoroughly by the dealer in Walnut Creek in preparation for selling. Everything on the vehicle works, with the exception that the AM part of the radio sometimes fades out. I did not have this fixed or replaced with OEM, as I figured most new buyers would want to put in a CD unit, rather than the original cassette.

The exterior has some dents/dings/imperfection from having been on a college campus, but could easily be returned to show room condition.

If you are interested in viewing/test-driving the vehicle, please email me at the address below.

Price: probably will take best offer within a reasonable amount of time, say the next few weeks.

Many thanks,

Martha snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
nathan rubin