fuel and oil mixing!!

ok the mechanic told me that my 81 cabriolet or should i say rabbit has fuel in the iol what can be causing that?The mechanic doesnt know how to work on vw's.

Reply to
shellyatkins79

Then take it to someone that does! ;-)

Too rich a mixture might cause fuel to get into the oil right past the piston rings. Also a faulty cold start system might put too much fuel into the intake manifold.

02 sensor shorting out might cause a rich mixture also. Yours is probably a 1 wire job and is less likely to cause this problem. But I could be wrong. ;-)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1