Fuel Distributor problems...

Im working on my 85 GTi in my auto class and the Fuel pump is working Great but gas gets to the distributor, then stops. I've taken it apart and put it back together but it still just blows gas out of the holes in the bottom of the distributor. What am I doing wrong? Any tips for putting it back together correctly?

Also, I just looked into getting another fuel distributor from NAPA and the cheapest one was $375!!! I want to rebuild this one correctly but if it is broken then I'll have to buy a new one. Anyone know where to find one for a better price?

Thanks,

Sean

Reply to
the.cheef

Im working on my 85 GTi in my auto class and the Fuel pump is working Great but gas gets to the distributor, then stops. I've taken it apart and put it back together but it still just blows gas out of the holes in the bottom of the distributor. What am I doing wrong? Any tips for putting it back together correctly?

Also, I just looked into getting another fuel distributor from NAPA and the cheapest one was $375!!! I want to rebuild this one correctly but if it is broken then I'll have to buy a new one. Anyone know where to find one for a better price?

Thanks,

Sean

Reply to
the.cheef

I might have a good used 1986 GTI fuel distributor laying around the garage. I think it had about 60k miles on it before it was removed.

What was wrong with your original one? The only hole I know that comes out of the bottom of the FD is for that plunger that gets pushed up by the plate.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1