Fuel Filter direction, 90 Carat

I installed a new main fuel filter in the same direction as the previous one, although it seems to contradict my Bentley. The Bentley wants the fuel going towards the fuel pump where the power and such connect to it.

I've got mine going towards the front of the car. the car seems to run fine now. 1990 Carat 8v.

Any insight into this and what the result would be if it were backwards?

blessings, Irv

Reply to
IR

AFAIK fuel filters are in front of the pump flowing towards the injectors. You just got the wrong filter. I diagnosed a 944 stalling condition, it would stall after a few minutes run. Cause? reversed direction F/F. replaced with OEM and problem solved.

Reply to
Regal953

AFAIK fuel filters are in front of the pump flowing towards the injectors. You just got the wrong filter. I diagnosed a 944 stalling condition, it would stall after a few minutes run. Cause? reversed direction F/F. replaced with OEM and problem solved.

Reply to
Regal953

AFAIK fuel filters are in front of the pump flowing towards the injectors. You just got the wrong filter. I diagnosed a 944 stalling condition, it would stall after a few minutes run. Cause? reversed direction F/F. replaced with OEM and problem solved.

Reply to
Regal953

You've got the wrong filter. Same looks, reversed flow. It will cause fuel starvation and possibly stalling. BTDT. Get the right flow one.

Reply to
Regal953

Well, I got the filter at the dealer, it's got VW-Audi all over the box and I think it was on the filter too. Invoice says it's a

1HO-201-511-A FuelFilter. I've had the car a couple years with the old filter, and it did stall and not want to run 1-2 times each winter. This time it seemed worse, wouldn't start for more than 10-20 seconds, so I changed it and it drives fine as far as I can tell.

Also, the way I have it, it is flowing toward the front of the car, where I believe the injectors are so, you've got me confused on that one.

Irv

Reply to
IR