Fuel problems

I want to test a problem I think I may have with "crap" in the fuel tank so I'm wondering. Can I just take a container of fresh Diesel fuel and then just drop in a intake and return line from the fuel filter? Or does the tank need to be closed and under pressure or something?

1994 Golf Turbo Diesel?
Reply to
HotRod

Sounds OK to me.

Reply to
Woodchuck

If I get the chance I'm going to give it a try and see if this solves my problems. I guess I'll find out one way or another...

Reply to
HotRod