Fuse for reverse lights for 1995 Golf GTi

Hello. I am just wondering if anyone knows what the correct fuse size is for the backup lights on a 1995 Golf GTi? The fuse that was in there was a 15w; however, every time I try to replace it, it blows as soon as I turn the key to the 'On' position. The fuse panel cover neglects to mention what size the fuses should be. If it is the right fuse size, then I know I will have to check for a short in the wiring system.

Thank you for your reply.

Reply to
Daniel Lynes

You got a short.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Yep I agree............you got a short! :-) And it probably isn't the reverse lights, unless your shifter is in reverse when you turn your ign on. What else is not functioning, any lights, cigarette lighter or ???

dave

Reverse lights and dash lights (the ones that usually make the dashboard glow green).

Reply to
Daniel Lynes

And there must be more items not functioning. It has to be something that also requires power as soon as the ign is on. Those lights are only selected when a switch is activated. Unless the wiring is shorted to ground maybe. :-(

I will check a Bentley to see what else is on that fuse. Which fuse it it BTW?

dave