Gas tank removal... Wha?

Okay, I've got an 86 Cabriolet, and my gas tank appears to be leaking. (Although from the bottom, the tank looks pretty sound) And judging from previous posts, I'm not the first one. ("Gas tank interchangeability for 1990 Cabrio?", Saturday, April 10, 2004 7:44 PM) So I'm under there, ready to drop the tank, but I cannot figure out how it is possible to remove it without dropping the whole rear axle bar and suspension...It seems like it grew around the rear suspension. Not to mention the exhaust system. Haynes manual useless... Am I missing something? Maybe it's better to fix it from within? Confused... Tomm Scalera

86 Cabriolet
Reply to
Tomm Scalera

Call your dealer and give them the VIN, some were a recall years ago. Yep axle beam needs to come out first.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Haynes manuals are always useless! I have a '90 model I'm parting out. I'm above Atlanta. Email me if you need the gas tank (or anything else mechanical). ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver