German/Brazilian built suspension differences?

Hi

Is there any difference in the suspension between a German built and Brazilian built Golf for North America (Canada).

My (German) 1999.5 Golf sits a good inch lower then my friends (Brazilian)

2003 Golf - he asked me the first day I met him if I had my car slightly lowered, other people have commented that my car looks lowered. I had to install new suspension on the front passenger side (accident related) and it hasn't jacked up the one side or anything.

Was there a production change? Or did I get european spec stock suspension - my car feels a little different over road surfaces, but this could be 95K Kms on the suspension vs

Reply to
Rob Guenther