Glow plug replacement

I've had a MIL light on my dash for awhile, was told it was glow plug failure by a dealership. that was a year ago.

Its $400 to replace them, I've changed spark plugs before, is this considerably more difficult than that? I don't own any VW specific tools, other than the Bentley manual. I can change oil, spark plugs, fuel filters, etc so I'm wondering if I'm going to get in over my head on this one. On the other hand, they don't work now and the car runs fine, so how much trouble can I get in?

Thanks for your opinions- Mike in MD

Reply to
Mike

What year, what model?