Golf 3 advice - spark plugs / wires

Hello -

i have a 97 golf 8v with 82k - any advice on the plugs/wires - should they be changed? I did the cap and rotor already. Anything else I should replace at this time?

Thank you in advance.

Reply to
Scott Buck

Plugs should probably be changed. I like the Bosch triple coppers. The wires are probably OK.

Other maintnence things you might want to do are change air filter, maybe flush the cooling system (maybe one of the dealer guys can advise on this), and definitely check the fluid level in the battery. I messed up on this last one, and had my battery explode. You also might want to find out when the transmission oil is recommended for change.

Bigger things on a car like that which are probably going to need attention soon are brakes (pads, maybe rotors, and bleed out the system to get all the old fluid out of there) and suspension (cartridges on a ll four, bushings/bearings all around). How are the boots on your CV joints?

ccp

Reply to
ccp