Golf 97 GTI Audio Code

I have a golf 97 GTI. Unfortunately the factory radio anti-theft is locked. I dont have the sercurity key since i bought the car secondhand. please help

Reply to
ab-star

Check in the owner's manual. There's a sticker on some years that was in the trunk under the mat. That was supposed to be put in the owner's manual. Often it isn't, or sometimes if the radio is replaced the code sticker isn't updated.

I've heard of the code being written ON the radio's case by either a previous owner or a mechanic that had to look it up before. Defeats the purpose of the code, but it's worth pulling the radio out and checking...

If all else fails, go to a local dealer with the car, proof of ownership (registration, etc), and the radio's serial number. You'll have to remove the radio to get to it. They can look it up for you. If you do it during a relatively quiet time, they might even look it up for you for free.

Mark '95 Jetta GLS

Reply to
Mark Randol