Golf A3 Seats

Does anyone know of a way to adjust the angle of the seat. Or even to lower it slightly. I'm challenged to get my 6'-3" frame into a comfortable position for a long drive. Ideally, I would like to just lower the back part of the seat base slightly so that the seat is not completely flat level.

Thanks, Gilbert

Reply to
Gilbert Jeffery

There should be an adjustment for the angle of the lower cushion. I have a friend who is 6 foot 6 and he can fit into his A2 Jetta and my A4 Golf, but he has to drop that lower cushion all the way down. On his A2 there is a handle which you pull, and you just press down your body weight into the seat, on the A4's there is a pump lever... not sure how they did it on the A3's tho.

You should be able to get that seat far from a flat level tho... Flat is basically as far as they go up (it almost feels like you are falling forward if you sit like that tho).

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Upgrade to GTi or VR6 seats they have pump height adjustable seats

Reply to
Joe

I am 6'-4" and having the same problem. The most annoying thing is the fact that I can comfortably fit into the Civic, a girlfriend's Sentra and the Neon, for example, but not in my Jetta. I mean, I can drive and short rides are comfortable and all but my thighs/knees often touch the steereing wheel (especially when turning) and there's only about

7-8cm of headroom. For example, my right knee almost always has the ignition key jabbing into it.

The steering wheel / tilt is up and out all the way but that doesn't help much.

I need THINNER seats, because I don't see how I could possibly lower the stock ones. (The lower the seats, the more legroom I get.) The height-adjustment lever is OK, but it's there for the short(er) people, not us 6+ footers.

(I drive a 99B Jetta).

Cheers, all

p.s. maybe I should look into getting a Passat? I've never been in one - are they spacious enough for a 6'-4" driver?

Reply to
MT

It's odd that you have so much trouble...I'm 6'4" and I have no trouble fitting in a 1990 Jetta, which is ALOT smaller than your car....the A3s had a lever on the left hand side of the seat that resembeled a recline lever...pull it up and shift your body weight back and the seat will lower itself down. Out of curiosity...if you had issues fitting in the car, why did you buy it?

Reply to
Pete Cressman

Curious,

I have a 1998 Jetta GLS . I would kill to have my seats from my old 1986 Jetta GL, AND it's steering wheel. The seats on my A3 Jetta dont offer enough upper back and shoulder support, and the headrests dont come up high enough ( and seem flimsy), the steering wheel is skinny and hard. Both have the look and feel of being designed by a bean counter.

Reply to
Carl