Golf Good Years? Bad Years?

Hi

I am in the market for a used Golf.

Are there any years to avoid, any that stand out?

From 1999 to present,

3rd or 4th generation Golfs

Thanks

Reply to
Tube Audio

The 2 door Golfs sometimes experience hinge problems. The ign coil pack on the VR6s can be expensive if you replace them, but they can sometimes be sealed. Not fond of the seat adjusting cables. I have not seen any other unusual problems......yet! lol

It is best to tell us which one(s) you are considering! ;-)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Reply to
Jim Behning

GO MK1 OR GO HOME!!!! LOL

Craig

Reply to
Craig

I had a 1980 and a 1984. I could not talk on my cell phone which I guess was ok. Even with a higher 5th gear which was noticeably quieter. The stereo was powerful enough to overcome the noise. The suspension was a bit quirky but sort of fun on three wheels even with bigger anti-sway bars. My 2003 is quiet. Suspension is "better." I have used the ABS a few times. But the car weighs 3500 pounds, not

2200. The 84 with 2.0 with a knock sensor, a G-grind and a Techtonics down pipe and muffler was fun to drive in the twisty mountains. A diesel with no jake brake is simply no fun in the mountains.

Yes the MK1 is a fun go cart with a h>1984!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Jim Behning