Golf keeps cutting out, pls help??

Hi It has been two months since i drove my car, Golf 1.4E. When i tried starting it today, the battery was dead. I got the jump leads out and used the power from another car to get mine started. However, when i drove it, and whenver i took my foot of the gas, it just kept cutting out. I drove it for over an hr at various speeds, yet still the car kept cutting out whenevr i took my foot of the gas. Any ideas why this is, and how best to solve the problem? Thanks

Reply to
boy_wonder48

I suggest you get the battery checked and consider getting it fully charged. It could be a weak or undercharged battery and maybe a marginal or defective charging circuit. You should have the charging circuit checked as well. Many places will do both these checks for free assuming you can get the car there.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Could be a lot of things, such as (in the order of likelihood) a wet distributor, wet spark plugs, water in your gasoline (from condensation), defective or gummed up fuel injectors, bad fuel pump, ignition coil, etc..

Reply to
Papa