Golf Mk3 Cabriolet - Interior light delay

Have recently bought this car, and there is no delay on the interior light after you close the door.

2 Questions -

1) does anybody know if these cars are meant to have a delay (i.e. is it just likely that mine is broken?)

2) I have heard that the mark 4 golf cabriolet has the same interor fittings - anybody know if they have a delay on the light and whether it would be easy to change over?

Seems a bit silly but i miss having the delay from my old car.

Thanks, Tom

Reply to
Tomp