Golf rear washer nozzle spray problem

Good day,

I noticed that the spray nozzle on my 1997 Golf does not spray the centre of the window. It sprays just below the wiper, and follows the wiper movement. I don't remember it being that way. I'm guessing the nozzle is seized into the hollow shaft.

I tried rotating the nozzle so that it would be aligned straight up, but it didn't want to turn. I was getting the feeling that if I tried any harder, it would snap off.

The Bently manual is really vague on this point.

Any ideas on how to rotate/dissassemble this piece?

best,

Erik Tirschler

Reply to
E Tirschler

My 2000 Passat wagon has the same problem. My analysis is the same as yours; the washer nozzle is inside the hollow wiper shaft and has seized. I've tried to free it up, but I fear it is going to require replacing the whole wiper unit. Dealer told me he'd never seen the problem ... sounds like perhaps it is not totally unheard of if you have the same situation. However, your car is three years older.

I'm hoping my extended warranty is going to cover this. We'll see.

Let me know if you come up with a good soluti>Good day,

Reply to
TL

I had the same problem with my 2003 Golf. VW Dealer said it was a "bad motor" and they ordered a new one. 3 weeks later, fixed with no charge.

zinzi74

I'm not sure about the set up on the Golf. On my 2000 Passat wagon, the sprayer is supposed to stay stationary and spray directly upward as the wiper shaft rotates around it. There's a long cut in the plastic hub cover so that the sprayer is clear to spray upward even as the wiper arm moves back and forth. How does that compare with the way your's operates?

Mine seized and started moving with the wiper ... part of the time. So it slowly worked its way around ... maybe more than once. The hose now leaks inside the tailgate from all the twistings, I suppose. I'm going to take it in later this month and hopefully the extended warranty will replace the whole unit. What would have been wrong with a simple separate nozzle like everyone else uses? Maybe a bit too engineered for its own good.

Reply to
TL

Well, you know what they say.....it's not a car, It's a Volkswagen!

Reply to
Peter Cressman

Well what I know about the rear washer nozzle spray, it's stay stationnary.

I've tryed changing it cause it's was not working properly and I found that it's fixed stationnery cause there is a little pin who snap in the other pipe at the other end,the grey one. I had to drill in the hole to take the plastic out cause the black nozzle broke out.It's too tight to take it out!!

After 2 kits of nozzles, I know how to install it now.

I have a golf 94

aLex

Reply to
Noireau