Golf stalling problem solved- new question

'90 Golf 8v

I had a rough running problem and the car was stalling at intersections and starting hard.

I replaced the coolant temp. sensors to no avail.

Upon closer inspection I discovered a giant tear in a hose. It's the air hose at the highest point on my motor- on top of the valve cover- it's larger in diameter on one side and travels from a plastic cannister to the motor.

What is this hose? Does it have a name? Any ordering suggestions?

Thanks

Reply to
Ears

The plastic cannister is the positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) valve. I suppose one coule call the hose the PCV-hose. Last time I bought one, it was surprisingly expensive!

There's a large "grommet" underneath the PCV valve that's also worthy of replacement after "many" years ... usually not expensive. When that grommet leaks, it causes rough idle at best.

Reply to
Bernd Felsche

Throttle body hose. PVC gets connected to that and the valve cover.

Reply to
Peter Parker