Good Garage in Fairfax, VA

Hello, I am looking at 2 garages in Fairfax area one is VXWorks in I think falls church and another Viking Automotive in Chantilly, VA.

Has anyone had any experiences with either of these garages. They both say they specialize with VWs. Are there any others?

I need to have some work done on my 2000 Cabrio my power top is misbehaving. It will go up a little then stop and I have to take my finger off the button and kinda rock it to go up. I have not put it back down since and want to get it looked at.

I had to recharge my AC, it is still blowing cold again and it has been about 2-3 months since I did that so I was kinda waiting to see what happens before I start spending lots o $$ to get that worked on.

I also have I guess its called a "finger" problem when it goes up sometimes it goes part way and then back down. I have to hold the button down to prevent it from going up then hit it again.

Also on a trip last week the ABS light came on after about 2 hours into the road trip. It then was out when we were coming home and about 2 hours later it came on. It is currently out so that has me a little concerned :( So I have a few problems I guess, and its time to get the oil changed :)

Thanks for the help

-Ryan

Reply to
Ryan Stapleton

jpmccormac

Thank you very much, I didn't know that existed.

-Ryan

Reply to
Ryan Stapleton

Why not call up Click and Clack about your VW problems, I would love to hear what they would have to say. The best thing you can do is get yourself a log book and write down all the problems before they swamp you. That happens if you don't get them fixed and let them build up. That would be with other OEMs too.

The cartalk guys have a radio show every Saturday around 10-11 AM I beleive. Give them a call. :-)

Reply to
Peter Parker

See the post I just made, I was real impressed with VolksWerks a few years ago, but the owner (Ted Dinkelacker) is a little squirrely when it comes to Corrados. So whether or not you go there might depend on what car you own. I get the impression that he is trying to focus his business more on the newer models of VWs and I also get the impression that he might be very capable and do quality work when it comes to those cars.

I'd be interested to know the answer to your query as well, for reasons explained in my other post.

thanks,

nate

Ryan Staplet> Hello,

Reply to
N8N

Yea, I am starting that list of things I just have not gotten around to fixing yet. I am still not sure what of the 2 that I had listed above to goto. I will say the VXWorks has a lot more reviews and all seem good. Viking has 2 reviews but seem good as well. I guess it may come down to a die roll..

I may have to try to make a call to car talk and see if I can get though..

Reply to
Ryan Stapleton