Good VW Service - Chicago NW Suburbs

Could anyone recommend a good shop (not a dealer) to work on my corrado in or around the Palatine, IL area? I'm tired of $95/hr service and last time I called Schaumburg VW I was on hold for 10 minutes on multiple occasions just to have a very snotty women tell me it would be more than 2 weeks for an opening.

I appreciate your input, JG

Reply to
Jay Gillette

Jay Gillette wrote: : Could anyone recommend a good shop (not a dealer) to work on my corrado in : or around the Palatine, IL area? I'm tired of $95/hr service and last time : I called Schaumburg VW I was on hold for 10 minutes on multiple occasions : just to have a very snotty women tell me it would be more than 2 weeks for : an opening.

: I appreciate your input, JG

I like VFC Engineering. Doug is the owners name... I got the number off the vw club website. He's near wrigly field though, not in the burbs.

Reply to
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

which web site has his #??

thanks.

Reply to
nospam

:>Jay Gillette wrote: :>: Could anyone recommend a good shop (not a dealer) to work on my corrado in :>: or around the Palatine, IL area? I'm tired of $95/hr service and last time :>: I called Schaumburg VW I was on hold for 10 minutes on multiple occasions :>: just to have a very snotty women tell me it would be more than 2 weeks for :>: an opening. :>

:>: I appreciate your input, JG :>

:>I like VFC Engineering. Doug is the owners name... I got the number off :>the vw club website. He's near wrigly field though, not in the burbs.

: which web site has his #??

I took a gamble and tried

and got a hit ;-) Anyway, I originally found him via the Chicago Volkswagon Organization
a series of bad things had been done to our GTIby my inlaws (also mechanics, very inexpensive, but not very good)... anywayhe got it all sorted out for me. He also does aircooled vw's and 911's.

Reply to
Chicago Paddling-Fishing