Grinding sound 2001 Jetta 1,8T

When I accellerate while turning left, there is a heavy rumbling sound and the floor rumbles a bit. They changed the tranny fliud (its a 5 spd) and didnt change anything, Would anyone have a clue or has had a problem similar to this? and Aparently, VW's come with a 5year/100,000km powertrain warranty. is this true?

Thanks for your replies

Reply to
M Power

I would suspect either a bad CV joint or a front wheel bearing, probably the right bearing if the noise occurs when turning left. I guess it could also be a loose or bad engine/trans mount or the exhaust system touching the car somewhere.

You specified km so your car is probably not a US model. 2002+ US cars have a 5 year 60K mile powertrain warranty. US cars 2001 and earlier have a x (?) year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty, but that is cut in half if you are not the original owner.

Bill

78 Rabbit...10/77 - 4/02 82 Convertibles(s)...since 93 95 Golf GL...since 11/99 02 Passat 1.8T Tip GLS...since 4/02
Reply to
William Maslin