GTI Used turbo vs used vr6

Hi. I dont know too much about cars or volkswagens. I been reading about some cars and the GTI seems to be the best bang for the buck. I was thinking about getting a used one, and I wonder if a used vr6 engine might be in better shape overall than a used turbo, and which is better for the GTI anyway. Also what kind of "problem areas" should you check in a used GTI? Thanks for any info.

Reply to
artie beamer