GX Engine to ABA engine SWAP A2

Hey everyone,

I think i've made my final drivetrain decision with my car. It's currently running a 1.8L GX 85hp engine with auto tranny. I'm going to order a ABA engine, get a 9A GTI tranny, change the 5th gear so that it's a bit better for highway driving. And do a shit load of work to get that in my car. Basically, my question is, is the engine work worth it and plausible.

I want the engine to be turbo ready so i'm going to be adding little mods and stuff while i have the thing on a stand. So with this swap i can take my curren GX CIS Lambda head (head work done even though it's in great shape) and put it on the ABA. And i'll be able to tell a difference in HP just by doing that. I'm of course going to add a cam to the head but will i really be able to tell the difference. i should right? i know i need to add a knock sensor ignition so i'll take care of that. but i jsut want to know will i be able to tell the difference?

So at the end this what i want to have:

2.0L ABA BLOCK 1.8L GX HEAD 268 TT Cam TT Cat back exhaust 16V DUAL OUTLET MANIFOLD/DOWNPIPE Knock Sensor Ignition 5-spd 9A Tranny with modified 5th gear

should i have around 150+ HP with that? and i'd like it to be turbo ready cuz in the future i definetly plan on adding some boost to and some more push to it. that should be enough to stop the average civic around here right?

i'm thinking of calling the guys from TT would they be able to give me insight on this, and well i'd like to ehar experiences from other people. thanks!

-Brandon

1987 Jetta GL 141,000 miles (yesterday in fact, bout to get some ass kickin' power)
Reply to
Brandon Russell

Apparently the GX valves are smaller, probably would be worth it to upgrade to larger valves right?

-Brandon

Reply to
Brandon Russell