Hazard warning/ indicator

I posted this on the wrong forum! Hopefully those with water cooled VW's may be able to help.

Dear All,

I came across a thread which mentioned potential problems with hazard warning/ indicator on the Passat TDi. I was having problems with indicators- worked intermittenly. It appears that is more of a common problem than I expceted. I removed the hazard warning switch gently using a small flat headed screw driver. On trying to replace the switch unit into the block into which it connects to I was not able to. This terminal block is not fixed to anything (hanging in air) thus I can not get any purchase to push the switch in. I see no obvious signs on the block of anything having brocken (there are little purple plastic tabs lying flush to the top of the block?). Does anyone have any clues on how this unit is fixed or failing that the procedure so that I can get into the back of the unit? Your help would be greatly appreciated as a 30 sec job has now taken two hours of utter frustration.

Regards, Jim

Reply to
Jim_Bon via CarKB.com