Headlight lenses, 95 Passat

The lenses on my Passat are getting kind of yellow and dull, and it is affecting the light output somewhat. Is there a way to polish and/or improve this?

Ron/Champ 6

1963 8E5 Champ (Champ 6) 1962 Lark Daytona Convertible (Boomerang) 1995 VW Passat (Vanilla..yuk) 1994 Volvo 850 (Tilley)
Reply to
Ron /Champ 6

Plastic right? Can you scratch off some of the yellow with your fingernail? If so, you can probably polish them. I'd say just use a regular car polish (not wax).

Reply to
Matt B.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Thanks all. I also got a tip from a friend to get polish for motorcycle windscreens, since they are polycarbonate also.

Ron/Champ 6

1963 8E5 Champ (Champ 6) 1962 Lark Daytona Convertible (Boomerang) 1995 VW Passat (Vanilla..yuk) 1994 Volvo 850 (Tilley)
Reply to
Ron /Champ 6

Reply to
Rob Guenther

around the hood so you don't scuff the paint.

Or just open the hood and it'll be nowhere near where you're working. :)

Reply to
Matt B.