Heater a/c blower replacement

'83 VW Rabbit -- How do I get to it to replace the heater a/c blower? Manual I have not much help. THANKS Gene

Reply to
Gene

The Rabbits with factory A/C might have a different blower that is accessible from the top. Tricky but doable. Do you know where the blower is or can you see it?

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

It's under the cheezy (if still present) plastic rain tray that you see after lifting the hood. There's virtually no room to get at it, but can be unbolted. You might have to cut some weatherseal caulking around it as well. I had and 82 and an 84 that was just a matter of turning and rolling it just right(pay attention to what works for fitting the replacement in) and sliding it along to the passenger side to fit it up out of that area. Mine didn't have A/C though... I know later 86 Cabriolet had an additonal bit of ductwork that could switch feed air from fresh to cabin?? So if you got that, you may need to remove additionally to fit it out of there. If it's dead, be sure to test wiring / connections / switch / fuse / resistor before pulling it out for nothing! If it's noisy and/or low air volume, check inside it for leaves, debris, dead mouse, etc... and if squeeky squeely... yeah, it's time to pull it out of there! Good luck! In2

Reply to
In2hoppn