Help! Blew my Interior Light/cigar lighter fuse, now car won't start

Alright, I posted this to the Vortex forums and got only one response. I'm hoping that someone here might be able to shed some light on this.

Here goes: I was putting in some gauges yesterday in the compartment below the ashtray and lighter (MK3 GTI). Air/Fuel, oil pressure and voltage. When I first started the car it ran fine. Only thing I noticed that my Oil Pressure gauge was pegged past 150 PSI. Now I think I bought the wrong sender (10 Bar might be too much, so perhaps the 5 bar would be the better choice.) NE Ways, I went to disconnect the pressure wire from the back of the vdo gauge and accidentally touched it to the 12 V wire which blew the #21 fuse. Replaced it, checked other fuses (Fuel pump etc.) all fine. First, I thought that the cigar lighter was a switched 12V source but according to my voltage gauge its always on. Ok, so I guess I will find another wire in the area for the 12 V switched. Suggestions? So I go to start my car, and it will turn over just fine, but it wont catch. I think its ignition related, my plugs and wires are brand new, but my distributor has been in for about a year now. The coil pack is probably 12 years old. So if I pull a plug and crank the car and see no spark that probably means that the coil is bad? Right?

NE One have any other ideas?

thanks in advance Aaron snipped-for-privacy@tesco.net

1992 MKIII GTI 2.0L 2E
Reply to
nope

Your m3 gti was made in the US and most likely has fusable links down by the battery. Look in the bently and make sure you've got the right wiring chart for your car. (yer, model, engine, country of mfg)

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo