Help, please... My convertible top has shrunk

It is getting cold and my vinyl convertible roof has shrunk to the point where I can not put it up!

I have been unemployed for 1 year and can not afford to buy a new one...

Does anyone know any softeners retail, commercial, industrial or otherwise that I can use to soften and stretch my vinyl top?

I am really desperate!!!

Thanks!

Steve snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Steve Forrester

Get a job and don't be a desperado.

Reply to
Richard Potato

If you ever get cancer, don't come looking to me for any sympathy you self-centered, narcissistic prick.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Forrester

Why don't you trade it for a Golf or Jetta? The insurance is cheaper, and the roof generally doesn't shrink.

Reply to
Peter Cressman

Vinyl's got a limited lifespan.

If it's that far gone and the weather's going to stay colder then you're stuck. Replace the top.

Reply to
wkearney99

You could try a vinyl conditioner I suppose, but I don't think it will help much. I would try warming the roof up, to soften it. See if you can find a warm garage, or a sunny spot where you can partially open the roof and expose it to the sun.

Good luck finding work in this economy -

Reply to
HooHa

I agree...park it in the sun for an hour or two and let it get warm and then try and close it.

Reply to
Matt B.

You funny. Me laff.

I have testicular cancer, thank you. Both of my parents died from cancer.

Sell your car, get a job AND shut the f*ck up.

Reply to
Richard Potato