Help with '89 Golf Shifter/ Ignition Problem.

Does anyone know where I can locate a automatic shifter assembly for a an '89 golf? The metal contacts have seemed to worn down and as a result I am having intermittent problems with starting my car in park. Anyone ever have this problem? Is there a way to fix this besides buying another assembly? Thanks in advance.

Rick snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
RchrdLuke

If you're talking about the start/safety switch then the switch and slide contacts can be purchased separately at any VW dealer.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Also known as neutral safety switch-could grab one at a salvage yard-not aware of them going bad that often.

Paul '89 Jetta

Reply to
Simplstupd