Hey Sehaare question for you.

Ok looks like you know what you are talking about so here goes another question for you.... Like i said before i have a 85 cabi and i saw one today on the road with diferent bumpers i stoped the guy or actually folowed him into a BK and ask him about the bumpers because they were plastic not the usual metal bumpers like mine has , but he got the cabi like that and has no clue of what yr they might be the cabi was also a 85 and all the rest is the same as mine except for that just mention so i know is not a special ed or something. so the question is . what bumpers might those be at least yr they are VW and fit perfecty didnt see no adaption just bolted right thru like the regular ones for the cabi. i have seen a golf i think it was with those bumpers but saw it on the road so i could not stop to chk and take a good look at them but they look exactly the same ones . so what other will fit mine because they look good make the cabi look a lot newer and up to date than the regular metal ones , and how much u think they will go for new versus used if u know. Thanks spawn51

Reply to
spawn

I'd agree with Nathan sound like Euro bumpers. Back in the 80's VW had to put the big metal bumpers on the US versions to meet the US bumper impact test. The Euro bumpers don't meet the US standard. I think that Motorworks.com still has them but anywhere that you get them will tell you that they are for "off road use only" due to not meeting US Specs. I was able to get a brand new set of Chrome US bumpers for mine for just $70 on ebay so I never made the swap.

Are you a member or the cabrioletandcabrio group on Yahoo?

You can getsome good info there and its free. HTH Steve

Reply to
sehaare

Probably euro Rabbit bumpers. Do a search for them... they look almost like the bumpers on a Scirocco 2 or early (small bumper) A2 Golf/Jetta but are smaller and tighter to the body. Does this sound like what you are thinking of?

nate

Reply to
Nathan Nagel

Reply to
spawn

Watch out these things are addictive. When I bought mine 4 years ago I just bought the cheapest convertible that I could find in Charleston SC ($700). I didn't know anything about VW's. I Figured that I'd drive it for a couple of years then it would die. Now 4 years later I have driven it clear across country to Bremerton Wa. and I'd put my knowledge up against just about anyone on these cars.

Reply to
sehaare