Honda - The Ultimate Ricer Machine

I am sick and tired of people who think that every honda can out perform a VW! It really makes me angry. Hondas are nothing but slow, ugly, poor handling, trendy, flimsy pieces of crap ever produced (with the exception of Hyundai and Kia). Everywhere you look on the road today, it seems almost every other car is a Honda. To make things worse, 85% of the Hondas on the road are riced up to death. There's nothing more uglier than a Honda with a spoiler mounted on the back that's a foot and a half high! Then you see Hondas with body kits. Why?!? There's no reason for it, and it looks stupid! Furthermore, I've owned VW vehicles for over 10 years, and I think I am correct when I say that VW vehicles are better built, better engineered, have better handling, have more power, have better fuel economy, and have better styling than a Honda. VW will always be number one with me!

Reply to
Keith Murphy

Well just the other day I saw the exact thing you are describing but it was done to a Jetta. They dont look any better than a Honda when someone "vandalizes" them like that.

Reply to
Biz

Hopefully the VWs that you have owned "for over 10 years" includes your Hot Wheels collection; otherwise, you're severely stunted and require professional counseling.

Reply to
Kent

Reply to
Keith Murphy

AMEN!!!!!

Reply to
HardtoKill

Sorry sir, not everything is superior... only some things are... I'm a huge VW fan, but i'll easily admit this: the Civic has a far better gearchange, and the clutch is smoother... it's got the nicest feeling transmission of any car i've driven - not to say VW trannys are bad, they are long lasting units, but they just aren't as nice to use.

Honda also seems to have recent quality down a little better, sad to say... At least VW's still own them in rustproofing tho.

I love VW's but my head isn't up in the clouds, some manufacturers are better at some things (Volvo with safety for example), others are better at other things (Toyota with reliability). I don't like when people rice up their Honda's either - but a stock Honda is excellent transporation - a little boring to look at, uninspiring inside, and a little weak on power - but not bad at all for the right person....

Better power? On the base model Golf vs Civic... same, Golf has more useable torque tho - then again the 2.0L in the Golf runs out of motivation around

4500 rpm... whereas the Civics 1.6 will keep winding smoothly up to 6500, easily. (oh the 2.0L will do 6500rpm too... it's just a lot rougher and 2 valve technology limits its breathing at higher RPMs)

The Accord has way more power then a Passat tho 190hp vs 240hp.

Fuel economy bet in a gasoline VW (Japanese don't have diesels in North America yet)... yah right, the Japanese cars are all lighter then VWs with higher revving, smaller displacement engines, for the most part... we have our diesels tho :-).

Better handling... maybe more fun; Civic has double wishbones at front, and fully independant in the rear - more sophisticated then many V-Dubs, sad to say.

Nicely built/finished with tighter tolerances on body gaps is different then better... VW's manufacturing technique is known to not be able to acheive Toyota/Honda profit levels (the CEO admitted this himself) - and they are having quality issues... in Europe the Golf is almost being overtaken by the Toyota Corolla (hatchback) because of issues with the previous generation and the problems it had in sales numbers.

You clearly are a VW fan, but you're one that doesn't read - you hear and believe what you want to hear.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

What you been smokin?

As much as I like my VW I know that the Japanese build a better quality, more reliable product. It's just a simple fact.

Reply to
D. Dub

This is what they call "Denial"...

Reply to
Sm704

I'm not going to debate you regarding the relative merits of Hondas and VWs, but I will take the opportunity to pontificate a bit...

First of all, to get "really angry" because someone prefers Hondas over VWs is ridiculous. Both marques have their strong and weak points, and everyone looks for different things in a car. Pick up a newspaper and you'll find many more serious things to get angry about.

Second, I don't like the term "ricer" because it has racist overtones. Cultural differences are what make life (and cars) interesting. Live and let live.

Lastly, I refuse to believe that any reasonably intelligent adult would use the phrase "more uglier" in a post. I think you're a 16-year-old (or so) kid who is hiding behind the anonymity of the Internet. If I'm wrong and you indeed are an "adult"...well...remember what I said about professional counseling?

Reply to
Kent

Not anymore - McPhersons the last couple of years.

I dunno, everyone who gets a ride in, or even a look at, my Passat is duly impressed. Among my friends (most of whom are not car enthusiasts), the most popularly owned model is a tie between the B5/5.5 and the Accord (but none of those Accords are new models - one's an '85!), and VW is the most popular make.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

It's a fact, all forums have "flamers" from time to time as seen in this thread. I would guess that Keith4355, Keith Murphy and Blah are one in the same, considering the fact that Blah has the same wiriting style and can't spell any better than Keith can. I would think that Keith's anger is directed at someone inparticular... I think his girlfriend ran off with some guy that drives a really nice Honda... probably a Civic, with a kickin' sound system, and some 22" momo's, oh.. and a fin...lol. Am I getting warm here ? Either way Keith, I would agree with Kent... some anger management is a must for you. :)

Reply to
IWishIknew

Nah, I think "Blah" is his own man. As for "Keith Murphy (aka Keith4355)", I thinks it's a father and son team...Dad asks legitimate questions concerning how his son might have damaged the shift linkage on his '95 Golf while learning how to drive, and Junior embarrasses them both by starting threads such as this.

Reply to
Kent

I like the Passat better then the Accord too... I didn't want to sound overly pro-Honda in my post, because I'm not... I don't like Honda's, just respect what Honda's automotive industry goal is.

Just wanted to prove to the original poster his head is a little up there in the clouds (probably where mine was 4-5 years ago back when I was 16-17).

Didn't know that about the fr>>

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Yea, but they are entertaining sometimes. The last one wasn't bad. :)

Reply to
Peter Parker