How can I get a VW Lupo?

Hello,

When I visited Spain I saw a nice VW Lupo which was a very nice looking cute car that we can't get here in Canada or in the US either.

How can I get one of these and fix it so its legal and bring it back home? Also the girl in the car was cute and I'd like to bring her home too but that another story. She probably wouldn't come anyhow come to think of it because she could only go to the beach about 2 weeks a year here and she would have to wear a bathing suit most places. Anyhow, does anyone else here have a Lupo in the US or Canada?

Thank you.

Reply to
Strudelsmith

So which is it? The US or Canada?

If the US, visit

and look at the vehicleimportation guidelines under the regulations section. For Canada, you'll need to find Transport Canada's site and start researching there.

It better be a cool enough car to warrant the trouble and expense.

Reply to
Matt B.

its a mix between a golf and a polo, i hate the look of it. not worth importing. old peoples car

UK.

Reply to
Joe

Isn't it smaller then any one of those? Lupo-Polo-New Beetle-Golf/Jetta-Passat-Touareg-Phaeton... isn't that how it goes, size wise?

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Yes, Lupo is smaller than Polo, which again is smaller the Golf.

Track Wheel base Length Width Height Lupo 139/140 232 253.5 164 146 Polo 143.5/142.5 246 389.5 165 146 NB 151/149.5 251 408 172.5 150 Golf IV 151.5/149.5 251 415 173.5 144

All numbers from 2003 model year and >

Reply to
Randolph

How about the measurements on the girl?

Reply to
Sherlock

Reply to
Randolph

VW has stated it has no intention of exporting the Lupo to North America. A Canadian dealer told me it was because it cannot meet the crash test standards.

Reply to
Ken Sternberg

You can probably import one to Canada, provided that the car is at least 15 years old. That way it is "grandfathered" in the import regulations.

Other than that, the manufacturer/importer would have to submit vehicles for a series of crash tests and other types of destructive testing in order to obtain an import license for the vehicles in question.

Reply to
Phil Conroy

Lupo TDI = 90+MPG

That's pretty fricken cool.