How do you replace 2002 Jetta climate control light bulb?

I've seen several posts on this subject, but all the links to this procedure are expired. So, I am posting this again.

Does anyone have a procedure on how to repalce the light bulb for the climate control knobs? Is it as simple as pulling off the knobs to get at the bulb?

Thanks

Reply to
Steve

Pull off center knob. Use a small piece of rubber hose over the bulb out and pull. Don't turn the bulb.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Thanks woodchuck....since I didn't have a rubber hose to fit over the bulb, I had to take it couple steps farther. For others that need to do this, here's the procedure that I did:

1) Remove all three knobs for the climate control. I did this by covering them with a cloth and then used a plyers to gently pull them out. 2) Remove the outer face plate the houses all the controls. I used a very tiny flathead srewdriver to go around the plate and pop out the spots where it was snapped in. 3) Next, you will see another plastic piece that still covers all the controls. It held in by two contact points on the two outer circular portions of the piece. Using the same small tool, I again pryed the contact points until I could remove this piece. 4) You now have access to the small light bulb that you can remove. I was able to just pull in straight out with my fingers.

The entire procedure took about 10 minutes to complete. Not sure who carries replacement bulbs, so I just went over to the VW dealer to get the bulb, which was only $3.

Reply to
Steve