How is 1.6L diesel with an AT?

I'd like to get some opinions on having a 1.6L NA diesel coupled with an automatic transmission, specifically, in a Rabbit. I've had two different Rabbit diesels, both with a 4-speed manual transmission. I would imagine that, even though the gear ratios would be different in an automatic than a manual, it would still be louder and higher revs because the AT is only

3-speed. I have the chance to buy one, but I'm unsure about the AT. I'd prefer a 5-speed, but with not too many diesels in my price range ($1,500 or less) within driving distance to me (CT), I can't be too picky. I'd like to get it and convert to veg. oil in the next few years.

Thanks, Ed

Reply to
Ed