How many VW's on your block?

I was outside shoveling the snow off the street this morning after church, cleaning up the parking places a bit and was looking down the block... now, where I used to live, we were the only VW on the block, but on our block now we have;

A2 Jetta A2 4dr golf A3 GTI New bettle

Plus our A2 GTI... this was all within 8 houses from the corner...

There are times when I've gotten home from work and parked outfront realizing there was nothing but VW's parked here.

Reply to
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Well, we live on a street with over 200 houses on it (boulevard) so i'll do just the one section... 6 VW's between the two stopsigns.

1999.5 Golf TDI GLS - ours 2003 Golf CL - ours Old A2 Golf Diesel, heavily rusted Old A2 Jetta TD, heavily discouloured (owned by the same family, go figure... and they aren't parts cars to each other, they both are drivers as well as their:) A3 Golf CL - I think it's their sons Mint condition A2 Jetta, with some big rims on it

We definately have the newest and overall nicest VW's on our street. Our town has quite a few VW's around, especially TDI Jetta's - We're a town of

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Just one here within at least 10 miles of my house in northern Maine where I live which is a 2003 Golf which is mine. VW's dont sell at all here except used once in a while - nearest dealers are all at least 150 miles from here down in Bangor or over in Quebec or New Brunswick. Most everybody here drives rusted out Chevy trucks. I gotta figure out a way to move south....

Fred

Reply to
Fred Fartalot

Just my 2 here, the B5 Passat and MkI Golf Cabrio.

Reply to
SteveH

loads of 'em in my street here in yorkshire.

1988 scirocco (mine) 2003 polo 1999 passat turbo wiesel estate 2 golf GTis both 2001 1982 polo hatch 1992 polo (very very rusty!)

there are more that live here, but they ain't there at the moment and i can't remember what they are

Reply to
Nathan Lucas

On my block? Not too many. But among folks I know:

2x '03 Passat (one GLX, one GL) '99 Passat GLS V6 '97(? - A3) GTI VR6 '92(?) Corrado G60 MkII Scirocco (different bits from different cars/years) 4x '9x (A3) Jetta '8x (A2) Golf

At least two of those are his/hers pairs (Corrado/Jetta, GTI VR6/Jetta).

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

Reply to
Tony Bad

Just my own poor, lonely 2003 GTI 1.8T I'm afraid.

When I first moved into the street there were I think 3 Jettas including my own and maybe a Golf (plus 1 Audi).

The street is only 1 block long, dead-end, but it has gone seriously downhill over the years, mostly Subarus, SUVs, and minivans.

Fair number in the neighbourhood though, mostly Jettas, followed by Golfs, very few GTIs, a few Passats. The rich folk what live a few streets away have all the Touregs. Jetta and Passat wagons (estates) have caught on a bit here. I considered the Jetta with 1.8T before settling on the GTI.

There is a "Pre-owned" VW dealer a couple of blocks away, and a service garage a mile or so away specializing in keeping aging VW clunkers running - has a good rep, fixes your auto, doesn't charge an arm & a leg.

Three new VW dealers in Ottawa, so fairly popular. Maybe VW would sell more if THEY WOULD BRING US THE NEW MK Vs BEFORE THE NEXT MILLENIUM!

Glen McLean - Ottawa

'87 Jetta GLI, '97 Golf CL, '03 GTI

(Remove the ".NIT.invalid" from the end of my address)

Reply to
Glen McLean

My '00 Jetta. My brother's '86 Vanagon. My RM's '79 Bus. The neighbor's New Beetle. An Audi TT (if it counts).

...Sean.

Reply to
CheetoDust

I live right next to a neighborhood in which I used to make a game of finding an A4 Jetta on every block (serious!). Add in the A3s and B4s and B5s and there's quite a collection here. Helps that it's an upper-middle-class neighborhood and that there are several private colleges (with grad schools) nearby.

As for my own neighborhood, there's a person two blocks down with an A4 Golf TDI, but I haven't met him/her yet.

sd

Reply to
sd
3 in my driveway -'02 passat, '02 gti (mine), '98 gti 12 jettas of various years 3 touaregs 2 R32's 2 old rabbits 1 aircooled beetle engined dune buggy

(then again, my block is 2.5 miles long in an area where mostly young and "hip" people reside...)

Reply to
mad8vskillz

Reply to
Rob Guenther