How to change a power window switch on a 2000 Beetle?

How hard is it to change a broken driver's side power window switch on a

2000 Beetle? Do you need to take off the door panel?
Reply to
lolajoker

Isn't there anyone out there who has also had to replace this?

Reply to
lolajoker

Many folks. The issue is having the right tools and knowing how to pop off the panel without damage to the panel and the water barrier.

Reply to
Peter Parker

So in other words, it is something that needs to be done at the dealer or a qualified vw service with special tools?

Reply to
lolajoker

My 1999 Beetle's power window switches both broke. Dealer charged me $160 to repair each. I would like to also know how easy it is to relace myself if another one breaks. Is it an easy fix?

Reply to
g dd