how-to disable/remove security alarm in early 99 jetta

I've recently acquired an early 99 Jetta (TDI, 1Z engine) and am now de-bugging it.

The security alarm is erratic (horn beeps sometimes a minute after pressing the lock button on the remote device, and the alarm fires at odd intervales when parked); it seems my best bet is to remove the system.

Can someone point me to instructions? An earlier post mentioned information on the VW Vortex forum, but I've searched unsuccessfully for a couple of hours.....

Thanks.

Reply to
Jack

Try

You will find that hacks are usually not welcome anywhere...

Reply to
Peter Parker