How to repair driver side power mirror control on 2002 1.8T Jetta

Looking for some help on how to remove and replace the power mirror control on the driver side door for a 2002 1.8T Jetta. It looks like the panel needs to be removed, but it looks as though there are two pieces (top and bottom). Not sure if the top can be removed without the bottom first. Any detailed help on how to remove the panel(s) would be appreciated.

-Steve

Reply to
Steve

Did that knob break off on yours? I bet your dealer had a new one in stock too. lol

IIRC you might actually be able to pull the mirror control out of the panel, at least on a late model Jetta (2000?) that I had worked on. I think I used some sort of hook type tool and took my time while being careful. I don't remember it being two pieces though so maybe the one I worked on was different. 8^o

dave

Yep...broke off completely - was my fault. I hit it with my knee getting into the car and it snapped right off - doh!

Yeah...not sure if this can be popped out from the front side. Or if the panels need to be removed to access it.

The door panels "appear" to be in TWO pieces, but not really sure.

Reply to
Steve