How to replace A1 diesel passenger motor mount?

I have an '82 diesel Rabbit that I'm trying to replace the passenger-side motor mount on. The normally helpful Bentley doesn't really say anything about the passenger side mount. As near as I can tell, I have two options:

  1. Remove front and rear mounts, then lower or raise the engine
  2. Remove the injector pump bracket

1 seems a lot easier but I just wanted to make sure that would work, or maybe there is an easier way?

Thanks!!

Reply to
tylernt

Well in case anyone wondered, I did have to pull the injection pump off, which will now require retiming. Ah well.

The only real kicker was that top rear allen head bolt. Ended up latching on with a pair of vice-grips and getting it off that way. I'll be replacing it with a hex head: an open-end wrench has got to be about

73 times easier to get in there and turn than an allen key shortened with a Dremel and about 12 times faster than using vice-grips!!
Reply to
tylernt