i have a question

Why do so many people fail to use the shift key when posting a message?

It seems to me that if they want their message read, they would want to make it easy to read. Ignoring the accepted conventions of capitalization (THIS ALSO ENCLUDES ALL CAPS) just does not seem to make sense. Are people really that lazy.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Is this an intentionally rhetorical question?

;-)

Reply to
Darryl

What do you think? ;-)

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I thought it was ironic that you're post may have unintentionally... well, you no. Lol...after reading you're post a second time, I noticed "encludes". ;-)

Newsreaders, by law, should ship with gammar and spell-check engines and anti-CAP bots for that matter.

Heh.

Darryl. (still trying to figure out that Irish math).

Reply to
Darryl

This guy is probably not a English as Primary speaking person so I give him _some_ credit for making the post in the 1st place.

otoh, I share your gripe in general and while it would be better aimed at another post, I feel your pain.

TBerk sympathy abounds.

Forgive me for asking - but, the connection with Volkswagen is what exactly ??

Reply to
Dave

I would like to address some of the questions that have come up in several replies.

First "ENCLUDES" Typical example of my un-corrected spelling. It did get past my spell checker since professionally I have to deal with so many acronyms that I have my spell check set to ignore all caps.

The use of the period rather than a question mark; was nothing less than an error on my part. I make many.

Frankly I don't have a problem with people who don't know better, or who make errors from time to time, but it would seem to me that all those people who ignore the shift key can't possible not know better or just be making a error, often many times in the same message.

My spelling and grammar are far from great but I do try. It seems these people just don't try.

You have all made some good points, and I fear that we are not likely to see any change soon.

I hope you all had a little fun.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

That in our attempt to understand, and get at the heart of the matter, we shouldn't fall by the side of the road with seemingly minor complaints.

TBerk

btw- and it's twice now I forgot to add this little bit.

My original reply to this thread was in reaction to a thread just above this one;

I incorrectly assumed the complaint about spelling and punctuation was directed at Gmyro, who I didn't think used English as his native language. (Doesn't fully excuse anybody but...)

My assumptions then led me to post what I did.

TBerk

YES LOL!

Reply to
Eduardo B.