I SOLD OUT ...

Promised myself that I would never get a water cooled VW .. but then I found this one and it sucked the money out of my wallet. Had no choice but to take it home .. It had no owners manual - It has been customized on the inside. I am waiting for the manual to arrive from an eBay seller but wondering if there is somewhere a download of the manual or part of it .. I want to know where 'things' are .. I am guessing that the lighter holes are somewhere under the customized areas .. Drink holders >> wonder if they have been covered over too. Here is my new 'ride.' I am very nervous .. never had anything other than air cooled.

Diane Vee [wee]

Reply to
omigosh

That is one pretty little NB! lol I hear that they do fabulous with mpg on the highway. You should enjoy it!

Just wait for your manual to arrive!

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

"dave AKA vwdoc1" schreef in bericht news:h94706$hlv$ snipped-for-privacy@adenine.netfront.net...

Finally a heater that works!! (Ex beetle driver)

SFC

Reply to
SFC

Yes, a heater ----- and a/c -------- I can hear my music ----- AND A/C !!!!

diane

PS: almost forgot ... A/C TOO !!!

Reply to
omigosh

Bwa-ha-ha... That's a great one, you shoud pose beside it! Except for the wheels (They just don't look right) someone did a great job on it. You won't mistake it for anyone else's car!

Yea, wait for the manual, it should answer most of your questions. You may also want to get a shop manual too...

Reply to
PeterD

Up here we need defrosters in the winter time!!! Always had good heat in my Beetles, but needed paper towels for the moisture on the inside of the glass. YUCK! AND always had 4-40 A/C.................4 windows open at 40 miles per hour! lol

congrats on your NB! I see one here that needs an engine and you make me want one now after seeing yours! ;-)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Really? Did you have a problem with your air cooled beetle? My brother used to say 'My feet are watering', our superbeetle would get so hot (and we live in Chicago where winters can get pretty bad). On the other hand, my dad's

74 camper (early fuel injection where we'd often have to start it by runing a hair dryer on the injection to warm it up, even when garaged) had terrible heat, but we always figured that was because the volume of space was so big.
Reply to
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

First year that I drove it it was nice and warm. But things started to corrode and valves didn't seem to open etc. which caused loss of warm air. My father used to own a bus and it was the other way round, couldn't turn it off! Also stuck valve problems, broken springs etc.

SFC

Reply to
SFC

the person who I bought the bus from 10 years ago decided I didn't need heat. so he ripped out all the heater hoses etc .. I would love to see that person again.

Reply to
omigosh

Those wheels are spinners. Car came with two extra wheels incase I am prone to hitting the curb .. The stereo is insane .. I don't know how to work it .. one of those HUGE speakers in the back .. the music that I listen to doesn't need bass speakers or whatever they are called.. the groups I listen to were actually musicians ..

Diane

Reply to
omigosh