Idle spped low

Hi gang

I have a 98 Golf 2.0L Manual trans. Over the last few months, I have noticed when the AC is on, and I depress the clutch when coming to a stop, the RPM's drop to about 250-300, and she wants to stall, just for a second or two, and then she recovers. I replaced the fuel filter on the weekend, and now the problem happens all the time, and the idle speed is low upon starting the car. There are no leaks in the fuel filter area, and there are no kinked hoses. I plugged the fuel lines when changing the filter to ensure no dirt got in. Now when I start the car, it idles around 700-0750 RPM with a bit of steady fluctuation up-down, up-down.....

Do any of you have any ideas what my problem might be? Also, my air filter is good.

Thanks in advance. Jay

Reply to
JM Doiron

US model? clean the throttle body. nonUS model? replace relay marked '30' and clean the idle stabilizer.

Reply to
Eduardo K.