injector cleaner/gas treatment

Did anybody used two bottles of these products on a tank, instead of only one? Any adverse results?

Reply to
Tom Resi

It's OK, you're safe. If you use Red Line, you can use some in every tank.

Reply to
Randy

Pointless. It might still run fine but it's just a waste of money. If there is blockage that one bottle in the tank can't fix then putting 2 in isn't going to get it either. Best bet is to use one bottle Lucas fuel injector cleaner on a tank of Premium gas. Not all the time but maybe once every oil change.

Reply to
Marshall Chase

I thought that being more concentrate in the tank, the effect will be stronger. Unfortunately I've never seen Lucas brand anywhere, I use STP, Chevron, Winns or Pennzoil. Chevron seems a little better but none of them are great, so I thought of putting 2 bottles at a time. The problem I have is every time (but only then) I use this type of product, on the dipstick it's a lot of that whipped cream watery foam. I have no clue how the water gets into oil system or how it gets out of there. I took the head off, the gasket was fine, put a new one in with copper gasket spray (just in case). Still the cheese is there when I add injector cleaner or fuel treatment, changed the oil, still nothing. I'm not gonna take down the oil pan, too much hassle. The car doesn't run great but it's ok for now, I just passed emissions. I have over 230k so it's not gonna run like a new kitten anyway. Next lunch break I'll take a flashlight and look in the tank, maybe the bug is inthere.

Marshall Chase wrote:

Reply to
Tom Resi

What kind of VW? If it's any 4 cylinder with an oil-cooler I would be money that's where water is getting in.

Reply to
Marshall Chase

'87 Fox 1.8 standard, no A/C, no oil cooler, no modifications, booring...but hey, it moves us around and it's cheap to own and easy to fix. The truth is that I neglected this car for the last 4 years and now it's time to correct that. So my TLC so far consist of replacing with good used parts from my secret stock:

-ign. coil

-sparx - new

-cap'n rotor - new

-wires - new

-time belt - new

-fuel distrib.

-cold valve

-pressure washed inside intake manif.

-engine flush

-air/oil filters - new

-new rubber seals on injectors

-new vacuum lines

-head gasket -new

-cover gasket - new

-one new injector (I'll change 3 more in the next 3 months-no money now)

-brake fluid (oops, the reservoir almost empty)

-replaced 3 severed bolts on exhaust manifold

-new gaskets on both manifolds (on cyl#4 the gasket on exhaust completely gone - that's why engine noise similar with old Singer sewing machine on nitro)

-Crazy glued multiple small fractures in front grille

-collected all the trash and loose maps

-recycled empty beer cans, empty .45ACP cases, empty 12 gage shells, broken compass, dead batteries from GPS and MD,

-bombed interior to convince spiders to relocate, vacuum, dusted and Armorall-ed everything

-checked for missing pets hiding throughout the car (my neighbor is missing 3 snakes from his pet zoo, I accidentally run over his favorite tarantula last week - honest mistake!)

-had one more attempt to understand why my trunk fills with water every time it rains, popped out the plug underneath the spare

-tried to talk my wife into washing the car (nice try)

-passed the annual emissions with flying colors (how is poss. to have zero CO when idle?)

And now this cream cheese on my dipstick. Aargh, I need a beer...

Marshall Chase wrote:

Reply to
Tom Resi