Installing MK1 vent windows (Rabbit Cabriolet)

Some time ago I tried fitting a rubber seal onto a vent window frame while the frame was out of the door, and it was extremely difficult to do, even though I had lubricated the seal beforehand. I finally got the seal onto the frame correctly after several attempts, but it was really confusing trying to figure out just how it was supposed to fit on the frame. Then I had to work for a long time squeezing, pushing, and pounding in trying to get the whole thing to fit into the outer vent window frame that is an integral part of the door.

Now I am getting ready to install a pair of pre-assembled vent windows. They are complete (metal frames, glass, rubber seals, and chrome trim pieces). Since the seals are already on the frames and the glass is already bolted on, shouldn't it be a lot easier to install these windows onto the door? At least I won't have the confusion of getting the seals onto the frames.

So will it be easier this time?

Reply to
Papa