Intermittent Starting Problem

Hey Folks,

Have a question about a problem I've been having. I have a 2000 Jetta GLS VR6 that for the last 5 months refused to start 4 times. When I try to start it it will crank and sound like it does about two revolutions(?) then just quit. It will do this repeatedly for at least 5 start attempts then eventually just clicks and I assume at this point that the battery is to weak to do the cranking. I jump start it and then it's good for another month or so. The battery still has green in the "eye" so it appears to be good. I suspect the problem is somewhere in the starter area but not sure what to check. I'd appreciate any suggestions on what and how to check. I'm moderately mechanically inclined as I do the minor maintenance items for my cars. I used to do more complicated repairs back when the cars had contact points and carburetors but now that computers are in every thing I'm kinda at a loss.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
nada

trash the battery. the green eye only tells you it has acid in there, not if it still holds a charge.

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski