Is there a nominal 100K mile check engine light for New Beetles??

My SOs 98 NB is at 99,600 miles. Check engine light just appeared.

We will of course, do the diagnostic, but wondered if there was a normal light off at 100L miles??

Tks..

Reply to
ropeyarn

Probably just a coincidence (the light, if you had one would more then likely go off at 100K miles, or the next time you started your car after

100K - based on my experience with a Service reminder light) I don't think VW has service reminders, at least not in the their smaller cars... I've never had one go off in any of our VW's past and present.
Reply to
Rob Guenther

Not sure about all VWs but my '00 Eurovan will say either 'INSP' or 'OIL' in place of the trip odometer for the first 60 or so seconds after starting when it's getting close to an oil change or larger inspection.

The CEL in this case sounds like an actual fault and not any type of reminder.

Reply to
Matt B.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

and the bummer is that on my EV, the light's interval and the maintenance stated in the manual don't jive together at the same time either so it's moderately useless.

Reply to
Matt B.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

My light is triggered at multiples of 7500 miles and the manual states 10K miles for oil changes but since my EV often sits in the garage for 1-2 weeks at a time and sometimes only then is used on local shopping and errand trips (and not too often on long road trips), I usually follow 7500 miles anyway for the oil changes instead of 10K.

Reply to
Matt B.

Reply to
Rob Guenther