Jetta '01 1.8t battery replacement

Hey everyone, I need to replace the battery on the Jetta, well actually I already did with a clunky big Interstate battery -- I had to remove all the plastic housing from the original battery. My question is - does any manufacturer, other than the stealer, make a battery replacement that fits in the original battery assembly?

Reply to
spiralingcrazies

R Canas

Most Optimas are smaller and will fit, too.

Reply to
Fred Flintstone

But they cost more than the dealer battery, at least in our area. And that leave 99% of VW owners out.

Reply to
Woodchuck

The Interstate Megatron 75 Month fit in my 2000 NB 1.8t plastic battery surround with room to spare. Is that what you installed in your '01 Jetta?

Reply to
BMA

Sears diehard.

Reply to