Jetta 80s or 1993 and up. Will engine fit to all?

I have 1996 Jetta turbo diesel. That car engine replacement. Somebody told me, that I can use any engine from VW Jetta or Golf, from

1982-1997.
Reply to
zdenale

That sounds about right, if you mean the 1.6 diesel ,or 1.6 turbo diesel will go in on the mounts. or the early style 1.9 turbo diesel , If thats what you have I think. I believe its years 77-92 all diesel types. and

Reply to
none2u

Thanx My sitution is, that I have Jetta 1996 turbo diesel. Engine is gone. I have diesel engine from 1991 Golf (non turbo).

Reply to
zdenale

it should be fine. the main difference is that TDI engines have a lot more electronics involved whereas non-TDI engines had none.

Reply to
Matt B.

Reply to
none2u