Jetta Alternator removal

99 Jetta 2.0 Trying to remove the alternator to check the voltage regulator brush. I removed both mounting bolts on the alternator per Haynes manual, but the thing won't budge. It's stuck, like I missed a bolt or something...but I don't see anything. Anyone know how to get it off? Thanks, Brad
Reply to
bradvabeach

On my 2003 it is just real tough to pull it out. Of course that means it is real tough to put back in.

Reply to
Jim Behning

If they are designed like the A3, they are hard to remove but once you know how, it's quite easy. You need a big-assed screw driver and wriggle out one side at a time.

Reply to
Peter Parker