Jetta front suspension noise

I have a 2002 Jetta TDI. Last spring, when the weather warmed up enough to open the windows, I heard a sharp squeak or chirp from the right front wheel over certain road surfaces. It happened when the car hit an abrupt edge, even a small one like the edge of a pavement patch or a shallow pothole. The noise did NOT happen when going over bumps that were more gradual at their edges. It was hard to tell but it seemed that the biggest noise was when the wheel went over the edge of a bump and the suspension extended abruptly.

I asked the shop to fix it under warranty, and the noise went away. But this year, the same thing happened. Open the windows, hear the noise. It could have been happening all winter, but closing the window is enough that you can't hear it inside.

This year both left and right are involved.

Whatever they did last year wasn't a permanent fix.

I'm looking for any thoughts or suggestions. It's still under warranty, so the most valuable thing would be for me to know what to tell the dealer to do with it.

Reply to
RJ

Jim B.

Reply to