Jetta seat moving on its own...

Hello all,

I am trying to help a friend out with her 2001 Jetta. She no longer has the owner's manual (go figure). Her problem is this: When unlocking the doors with her remote, the driver's side seat starts to move all the way to the frontmost position and then starts to incline until it almost touches the steering wheel. It appears to be some sort of memory position for it, but I cannot figure out how to tell it not to do that. Does anyone have any ideas??? She is the only person who drives the car, so if anyone can tell me how to set the default position to hers, I think that might work as well.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Random

Reply to
Random

On the Passat, the drill is this:

Sit down and close the door. Switch off the ignition. Use the power controls to position the seat to the ideal spot. Then press and hold memory button 1 until you hear a chime (a few seconds holding down the button). The ignition MUST be off.

The remote may be tied to a button other than button 1. In that case, you may need to repeat the procedure with the other buttons, until you find the one that's tied to the remote.

I assume the procedure is the same or very similar in a Jetta.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
4Motion

Many thanks!!! I will have her try this tomorrow. Again, thanks for the help!!

Random

Reply to
Random

DOH! I just realized I gave you the wrong instructions!

The ignition must be ON, not off!!!

If the ignition is off, the seat will resume its memorized position as soon as you press the memory button. If the ignition is on, then you can press and hold the button to store the position. At least, that's true on the Passat.

My sincere apologies!

Reply to
4Motion